Friday, April 06, 2018

I Need To Stay Off Facebook

There was a photo on a group page that I follow that showed children on crosses, blaming certain groups for abuses caused to them. The last photo showed a child on a Ronald McDonald cross, blaming fast food for childhood obesity.

So yeah, the anger in me grew and I had to comment. (And I found that stupidity lurks on both sides of the political spectrum)

Shall we blame restaurants for our kids being fat, while not placing any blame on computers, video games and phones that keep our kids on their butts, instead of out doing stuff.

I grew up when McDonald's had all the characters and the cool Happy Meal toys. I also grew up in the sugary cereal era. YUM.

I played outside. I was inside with Barbie's and my books.

My parents knew better than to feed us McDonald's on a daily basis, no matter how much I wanted the happy meal toy, or the cool glass, or whatever.

To blame a company for childhood obesity is insane. Its there business to get people in their restaurants to eat.

I don't recall seeing a Happy Meal commercial any time soon. Hell, I don't remember seeing a cereal commercial for anything tasty or even a toy commercial in ages on tv?

McDonald's doesn't grab your kid and pull them in and force the food down their throat. It is the parent's decision to take them there.

So if your kid if obese, do something about it, but don't place blame.

0 comments: