Thursday, April 12, 2018

Before Starbucks Was Cool

Back in the 90s when I was a mall working mall rat, there was a coffee chain called Gloria Jean's. These shops weren't everywhere, like Starbucks is today.  Go to any city, and I dare you not to find one, every few blocks.

Heck, on the PA turnpike, all the travel stop plazas have a Starbucks.

That wasn't the case in the 90s.

Back then, at the cool malls, Gloria Jeans ruled the roost.

At least for me.

If you like Frappachinos, there is a thing called a Chiller there. They still make them, if you can find a store.

When I worked at Kaufmann's from 1996 - 1998 I lived for the times that I could get a Coco Loco.
Dear God, that was one heavenly cup of sugar!

It really is a wonder that I have any teeth left.

Talk about a caffeinated sugar rush!

I didn't even know the shops were still around until I saw a recipe ad from Keurig that used Gloria Jean's coffee, which made me wonder if the stores were still around. To my great delight, two of our local malls still have a shop.

Now I need to go to the mall.


0 comments: