Friday, February 23, 2018

Mokey Update and other cat things

I would just like to say that the last 12 months have not been good for me and my furbabies.

We won't discuss the amount of money I've spent on 2 cats in particular. One of which is no longer with me.

Mokey is..and on Feb 10 he decided to get another urinary blockage.

Oye vey.

I could have had a down payment on a new car for what he's cost me.

And they wanted to do a surgery that would make a women out of him, so to speak or rather a eunuch.

Thankfully, since that first night home, when I thought he was dying, he's improved greatly and he's eating his prescription food like a trooper. I would love to know what is in those tiny cans of food that makes them cost about $1.25 a can? I never did understand why most big cans of food are more costly than the small one...like Friskies over Fancy Feast. Its nuts.

But back to Mokey. I can't even begin to consider what to do if the surgery becomes a necessity, because I don't have that kind of money.

Then last night Midnight had something stuck in his tooth...and I thought he was about to kick it over. Twenty minutes later he's back to normal..and this morning he was eating and drinking like his regular self.

Ahhh!

I hope I have 9 nine lives...because in the last few weeks, my kitties have taken a few of mine.

2 comments:

Mike said...

That's the one bad thing about having multiple furry friends. The vet costs.

Diane said...

We just lost our Eli and 4 out of our 5 cats are seniors. We've spent about $4,000 in the last 4 months on their care, regular and emergency. It is very difficult and I feel your pain. Hang in there.