Thursday, February 08, 2018

Feeling A Little Lighter

In October I set a weight loss goal of 10 lbs to get me under a really ugly number that I had reached. My grandmother's death in 2008 and the failing health of both of my parents caused me some serious weight gain.

It was hard to get to the gym and hard to find time to do any exercise. Food was my friend.

Right around Thanksgiving, I found that a few lbs finally started to slip away.

It is February and that first goal of 10 lbs is met. I did this without being able to get out and walk like I do in the summer months.

I'm setting another goal for 10 more.

Baby steps.

I've made a lot of changes in my diet.

I've cut a lot processed food out.  That's not to say I don't enjoy a potato chip or a cheese curl now and then, but I don't keep them around.

I started sipping bone broth.

I drink mostly sparkling water. I haven't had soda since mid-Oct.

I made a promise to myself. When the weight comes off to an acceptable level, I am treating myself to an outfit from Coldwater Creek or Appleseeds.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Good luck, Andrea! Be proud of every single small step.

rashbre said...

Go for it! You're setting the example, I suppose I'd better shape up too.