Saturday, October 28, 2017

Homemade Meat Sauce

I'm quite proud of myself. I meat spaghetti sauce from scratch today.

Woo hoo.

I generally use jarred sauce, because it is cheap, but we are trying to cut down on the sodium, and we had a surplus of tomatoes to end out the season, so I thought, why not give it a try.

I did a lot of googling for a recipe that would work.

I basically used this recipe, because my mom told me that when she used to make spaghetti sauce she always used tomato paste. My spice mix was different. We like to season with season salt or Nature's Seasoning. Oh and one of my go too things in pasta sauces, including jarred sauces, is Salad Supreme.

Its a very delicious sauce and thankfully it got rid of some of the plethora of tomatoes we have in the kitchen right now.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Looks like you googled your way to goodness.

rashbre said...

Good fun to create the meal from individual ingredients. And with a Bolognese sauce it's also possible to repurpose it for other dishes,like a filling into lasagne. Now the winter months are approaching, I'd probably sneak some chopped carrot into the mix too!