Sunday, February 22, 2015

New Music

I was reliving my school days this week, because of the weather. I had a few delays because my office is out in the boondocks and the road to get there is seldom clear. So I watched a lot of talk shows.

I would like to thank GMA and Jimmy Fallon for introducing me to Imagine Dragons (as you saw in my hump day hunks post) and Walk The Moon.

Its really been a long time since I had music that I was really getting excited about. Walk The Moon takes me back to the 80s. Their current single "Shut Up And Dance" reminds me of 80s new wave.

Give it a listen


And while I'm sharing videos. Did any of you see Miley Cyrus on the SNL 40th special?

I don't usually have much to say about her, but she covered "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover" and it was impressive. Honest, when she isn't trying to shock people by being ridiculous, she has a pretty strong voice, especially for folk and country songs. I'd love to see her do a country album.


If she did an album like this, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Paul McCartney was on the same special, and sadly RETIREMENT was the only word I could think of as he butchered "Maybe I'm Amazed."

I love him to pieces, but his voice is not there anymore.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Shut up and dance with me is a great song.

Janelle said...

Love Walk the Moon! I listened to the album when it first came out, and I was pleasantly surprised to hear it getting lots of radio play over the last few months.