Monday, August 18, 2014

I Am No Longer Fun

I think in the last  4 years, I've lost my fun.

I don't know if it is the caregiving that did it, or just the people around me. (The one's that aren't sick or dying)

I just can't get into the things that I once loved. Other than books. Books are my best friends at this point and the only thing keeping me sane.

I don't know what I'd do if I actually got to get out and about.

How sad is that?

Actually, I think if I did get out, I'd want to be in a hotel so I could sleep all day, uninterrupted.

That, my friends, would be absolute bliss at this point. The only thing that might trump that, would be, a few unsupervised hours in a book store, with a very large gift card!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Andrea, your situation is impossible. Unless you have the means to hire help, I'm not sure what you can do to lessen the impact this is having on your life. I'm sorry that your siblings are not stepping up. When I read your posts, it makes me feel helpless and I hate that feeling. Is there any way possible to hire some help??? You're a young woman and this is totally unfair. You're in my thoughts.... Diane

The Mistress of the Dark said...

My dad doesn't take well to strangers. A few years ago a neighbor would come and sit with my mom and dad so I could get out a little bit. But since his condition is worse, it is even hard when the nurses and aids visit.

Diane said...

Oh Andrea - I wish there was something that could be done to give you a break. I'm so sorry...Diane

Bilbo said...

When your life settles down (and it eventually will) and you get down here to NoVa for a visit, we'll take you to the world's biggest (at least, it looks like it to me) used book store - Richard McKay's Used Books - http://mckayusedbooks.biz/.
You've earned it, and we'll help you get your fun back.