Saturday, August 09, 2014

Guilt Presents

Guilt presents are an interesting thing.

My sister bought me the Nightmare Before Christmas commemorative necklace for my birthday and today I got a wonderful Doctor Who print from Steel City Con.

Why?

Because she's going to Ocean City next week, and I'm stuck at home with her oldest son, taking care of our parents.

It doesn't make me feel better about not being able to leave the Mon Valley at all. I've only gone as far as a mall in the last 4 years, but if it makes her feel better to give me stuff, well, I'm not going to complain.

Truthfully, I'd feel  totally uncomfortable on a beach right now. I want to be a little less fat the next time I get anywhere near the water. I don't want people trying to toss me back in the water because they think I'm a beached whale.

I would however like a day to decompress, but that's not happening any time soon.

So until I can catch a break, I'll just be happy with my guilt presents.

0 comments: