Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sometimes Change Isn't Good

I ate Subway the other day, and I was left totally unimpressed.

When I was in college, about 20 years ago. (Yes, I am old) Subway was fairly new to our area and things were much more simple there. There weren't so many choices of bread and flatbread was unheard of. They had a little round bun for small appetites and for their breakfast options.

Yes, 20 years ago Subway did breakfast and it was 100 times better than the crap they are serving today. The bread was better too. You could go into the restaurant and smell it cooking.

They used to have a seafood sub too, which was really great. (And I don't even like seafood all that much)

Then you decided you wanted to compete with Quiznos and then things started going down hill. Sure I love my Italian Herbs and Cheese bread...but I don't need my subs toasted, and all the hot opinions for subs are lousy.

Oh and here's another tidbit. At one time there was a rib sandwich at Subway and it used to be great! At times it was even better than the McRib.

So yeah, you have loads of options and franchises, but Subway, the quality of you food makes me wonder why I didn't just go to McDonald's.

(I'd go to Panera...if we had one closer than 20 miles away)

It would be nice if sometimes the changes that are made didn't always make things worse.

0 comments: