Monday, December 16, 2013

Thinking About Dad

It was  a long hard weekend.

He's had some good moments and some bad.

We've found, he stays the most calm when there's music on, so we've put on the Christmas music station from Comcast.

Today wasn't much better.

Its very depressing at our house.

The only good thing, that's happened recently is someone finally came out to fix our plumbing. Woo hoo.

As I walked upstairs...I said.."Go to bed, Raymond," to my nephew. When he was younger, that's what my dad said as he went up to bed at the ungodly hour of 9 pm!

I love my daddy.....

If the Doctor could come in his TARDIS..I would go back in time to the day he had his first cigarette and I would smash it to pieces....

No one should have to go this way.....it is terrible...especially as my daddy has always been a strong man.

1 comments:

Bilbo said...

I understand how you feel. I only get to see my father a few times a year, and each time he seems to diminish a little more. Last weekend at his 90th birthday party he was partly cheerful and engaged, and partly confused and not-quite-there. It's hard to watch our parents, that we've always viewed as the strong foundation of our lives, gradually wear away. You're not alone. I'm sending you a sympathetic and understanding hug, for what it's worth.