Monday, December 30, 2013

Bye Bye 2013

I'd like to say good bye and good riddance to 2013.

Most years I could give you a list of some of the nice things that have happened over the past 12 months.

This year, I'm not sure I can.

Yes, there have been some great albums out, and great singles

I particularly loved Nick Lowe's Quality Street. It made Christmas brighter for me



I also adored Erasure's Snow Globe



Paul McCartney's album was good, and I still don't own Elvis Costello's latest.

Early in 2013 Justin Hayward treated us to a fantastic album...Here's a video from his Pittsburgh show, which I sadly couldn't attend....



As for TV...Doctor Who rocked my world...

The 50th Anniversary Special was amazing as was the movie An Adventure In Time & Space. The Christmas Special, The Time of The Doctor broke my heart.

In my reading world, there were some fantastic reads.

Adriana Trigiani's The Supreme Macaroni Company was a favorite as was The Bride Wore Size 12. But when you've read 200 books in a  year, it is hard to spotlight the best from the rest.

On a personal front, my dad's health is failing and as most of you know, he's on hospice care at home. It is sad to see a strong man brought so low. He needs anti anxiety meds most days. He fixates on one thing and lets it take over.

It is heartbreaking.

On a furbaby note..I lost 3 of my little ones this year...Bootsie, my sweet sweet invisicat, Blinky and Mucker (two of the kittens from Miss Itchy's litter last year)

So if asked how 2013 was..I'd have to say...it sucked!

2 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I'm sorry 2013 was an abysmal year, with your Dad's illness and loss of pets. I hope 2014 will be better.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Here's hoping for a wonderful 2014! You deserve one :)