Monday, July 21, 2008

Walk With The Animals And Other Things About My Weekend

I was loved to death by a lorikeet yesterday and a few other birds at The Good Zoo at Oglebay. It was nice to be there even though it was muggy and the thunderstorms came rolling through when we were there. Thankfully the rain didn't start until we had made it completely through the zoo. Other people weren't so lucky.

As you might be able to tell from the photo, my hair doesn't hold up well under humid conditions. Actually my hair doesn't hold up well under any conditions. Yikes! I truly give new meaning to the word "goober" but its not often that I can be found holding birds.

The zoo has all kinds of lovely animals from ocelots, to kangaroos, to river otters to meercats. I love meercats! All in all, it was a nice day out. I'm glad I went and even the rain didn't spoil the fun.




More photos of The Good Zoo can be found here and shots of the gardens @ Oglebay can be found here.

0 comments: