Friday, July 25, 2008

Top 5 On Friday - Week 184

Blogdrive seems to have gone to the dogs today, but here is my meme from Music Memoirs

Pick 5 of your favorite artists and tell us what one album by each really got you into them.
(Top 5 albums that got you into the band that recorded them)


Elvis Costello - Spike


I bought this CD because of his work with Paul McCartney. It was the first album that really got me into his music, even though he'd been around for 10 + years already. My favorite songs from this one are Satellite, Pads Paws & Claws, This Town and of course, Veronica.

The Moody Blues - The Other Side Of Life

Yup, it was Your Wildest Dreams that did it for me back in the eighties! Just remember I was 12 then!

Duran Duran - Duran Duran (The Wedding Album)

I like getting into huge bands after the hype is over. It really wasn't until this album that I came to appreciate Duran Duran. Its a shame they've done so little good material after it. (Especially this last album, Red Carpet Massacre, which was total shit in my book)

Over The Rhine - Snow Angels


God bless Amazon for featuring this CD last Christmas. If not for this album, I'd have been missing out on loads of wonderful music and that would be a shame. This is a Christmas CD but not in the tradition sense. I can listen to this one year round, much like The Moodies and December.

Jimmy Buffett - Fruitcakes


My brother took me to a record fair in the 90s and he played this CD the whole way to Monroville. I never really paid attention to Jimmy until this album, though I knew the staple songs. I love this CD and so many others of his now.

0 comments: