Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tuesday Tunes On Wednesday

I'm doing this late, because as usual I got to doing other stuff and forgot to play my own meme from Music Memoirs


What's the most you've ever paid for a CD? What CD was it?

There's a Japanese double disc set of Duran Duran's early EP's that I paid around $100 for, back in the days when I could do that without guilt. Sadly I can't and won't do that anymore. There are a few Nick Lowe CDs that I'd love to have, but since they are out of print, they are selling for insane amounts of money.

Do you own any CDs that aren't domestic?
Hell yeah is my best response to that. I have import albums, CD singles. You name it. Plus the import stuff has extras. The CD Singles usually have video.

How do you feel about European discs and Japanese discs getting bonus tracks and special packaging when the US does not?
I hate it. There is no need for this and you can't buy the bonus tracks either on other download sites. You have a choice, pony up the money for the expensive import or live without it. Its stuff like this that makes it obvious why piracy runs rampant in the US. The quality of our product sucks and we get no sweet little extras.

Are there any bands/artists you go out of your way to purchase any release for?
Several, Erasure, The Moody Blues, Duran Duran (even though their last albums have sucked) Elvis Costello, to name but a few.

0 comments: