Thursday, July 10, 2008

Praying For Itchy


I've mentioned before my Itchy has cancer. I was in no financial position to do surgery and anything else needed when we found out. I'm still not, and she's getting worse, and I'm just so sad.

Itchy's a stray that wandered into our lives about 10 years ago or so, I can never remember how many. She's so full of personality too. She earned the nickname "Bitchy Itchy" through my mom, who pets her until she's so annoyed she swats her.

She's a cat that tells you what she wants. In the cold she'd stand by the the register, if we were on it, and beg to be picked up by crawling up our legs and meowing like crazy. She loves kitty back rides too. If I was leaning over the table for something and she was near by, it would only take a minute for me to have a kitty on my back.

Itchy is so full of love. Her eyes are still bright and she's still eating/pooing etc, but I know the tumor is taking its toll. But I know she's not ready to go yet, and I've told her, I can't make that decision for her. I can't put a cat down. I couldn't take a person off life support either.

My cats are my children and you just don't do that to your kids, well at least I don't.

0 comments: