Monday, June 08, 2020

The Battle of Mascara

I shared my review of these two mascaras on Facebook, but I'll add some more details here


I've had the chance to try both these popular mascaras thanks to IPSY.

Both are fabulous.

Lash next door retails at $18 while Liquid lash extensions retails ar $24.  So there's quite a price difference. Mind you, I'm not usually one to spend that much on mascara.

For me, I like Lash next door a little more. It lengthens while still looking natural.  Now mind you, I have longer lashes, but even though I have dark hair they aren't that well defined. They are also really straight.

Lash Next Door also come off a little easier of the two.

Liqiud lash extensions gives you a more glam look. Which is great for a night out. Sadly, I don't get any of those. The one other fab thing about liquid lash extensions is that the company is vegan and cruelty free and donates to women's charities.

Liquid Lash Extension wasn't as easy to remove for me. It also looks a little clumpy on. You really need to have a quick hand at applying. Also no second coat necessary. It really will make your eyes pop. So for me there was no question regarding whether or not it worked. It does. Its just not a look I'd go for on a daily basis.

I have a simple eye routine, since Covid-19 has me at minimal makeup because masks make me break out BADLY.

I have beigey multi-purpose eye crayon that I use in the corners of my eye, lining my eye and my brows and blending. It acts as a nice highlighter. I line my top lid with a liquid liner and then mascara.

So for me the more natural of the two products wins and that's Lash Next Door.

So if you are a budget conscious girly girl lash next door is the way to go.

0 comments: