Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Good Omens

I read the book by Pratchett and Gaiman back in the 90s at some point. Now having seen the show on Amazon Prime, I have to go back and revisit it, as soon as I can get a copy.

The two main characters, The Demon Crowley played exquisitely by David Tennant and the Angel Aziraphale played by Michael Sheen (no relation to those guys in the US) are amazing.

Like I said, I read the book way back in the day, because, well it was Pratchett! I felt a lot of the story line coming back to me as I watched. And yes, I'm sure things had to be changed because..well..the book was almost 30 years old at the time they started working on the show.

Still I really found the show entertaining...and I've determined David Tennant plays a baddie really really well.  I have to say, his Crowley was like a combination of The Doctor and The Master. That's pretty much how I rated him in this show, since it wasn't a detective show a'la Broadchurch or Blackpool.

I caught glimpses of The Doctor in Crowley, but I have to admit. I loved Tennant's badass swagger.

But now that I've fangirled on about Tennant, I have to go on to Michael Sheen, who was equally amazing. I especially loved his love of food! (which really is more a Tennant thing but still) Oh and the fangirl in me also yelled at the telly that he got David's ice cream in the last episode. Tennant fans just reference The Gambler sequence from Blackpool.


I totally need to find more stuff that he's been in.

Also...how did they get Tennat's hair to look Doctory in this..but they couldn't for the 50th Anniversary special?

GAH...must get Tennant out of my mind...

But dammit, he is one Smexy Demon.

Also..I want to eat crepes and read books with Aziraphale. Lots of crepes.

So if you haven't seen any of Good Omens..just give this recent Covid-19 short a watch


0 comments: