Monday, August 27, 2018

Things That Make You Feel Old

There's enough focus on youth in this country that I started to feel old when I hit 30. I'm 44 now and I really feel like an old crone.

Most of the shows I grew up watching are now being aired on stations like Antenna TV and Me TV.

My favorite bands are being played on oldies stations. Yes, yesterday I heard Duran Duran on The Pickle and then The Human League and Blondie.

One of my high school friends has a child in his senior year of high school and another a junior.

ARGH!

Romance novel heroines are usually only 26 years old.

Current music starts to sound like noise.

None of your favorite bands are really recording new music, they are just touring to play their greatest hits.

Staying up to watch the news or late night talk shows makes you really tired in the morning.

I am now going to go take my multi vitamin.

1 comments:

rashbre said...

Tee hee. It was quite a time since my favourite music moved from BBC Radio 1 to BBC Radio 2 and nowadays its on BBC Radio 6.

There's always Spotify, I suppose.