Monday, December 04, 2017

Things I Don't Understand.

I don't understand all the hate in the world. I watch the news and I try to understand. There are always going to be different belief systems when it comes to politics.

At one point in time I could understand both parties.

These days, not so much.

I understand not wanting the country in debt.

I don't understand not wanting healthcare for all Americans.

I don't understand people that think it would be awful for their children and their children's children to have cheaper college educations. Just because you are saddled with debt doesn't mean the upcoming generations need to be. The more educated we are, the more jobs and new ideas there will be.

I don't understand people that don't read. Books are such a fabulous thing and so much better than most TV and movies these days.

I don't understand hatred of one particular group of people.

I do however understand how instilling fear can cause that to happen.

I don't understand how we can let the fear take over our lives and in all actuality let the terrorists win. There's a fine line between making things safe and making things a prison.

Its a sad world we live in.

3 comments:

Diane said...

The Republicans, but especially the religious right, do not want us educated. I've seen many signs along the way on church billboards that say things like "The more educated you are, the further away from God you become." That's just horseshit. Keep them stupid, keep them dependent. WTF???

Mike said...

"At one point in time I could understand both parties. These days, not so much."

Exactly.

Diane said...

"At one point in time I could understand both parties. These days, not so much." - 100% in agreement. My dad was a Republican and I'm sure he would be flipping in his grave with all the BS going on! This has now become extremism and selling themselves to the highest bidders.