Thursday, December 28, 2017

And It All Went To Hell

So things were nice up until Christmas Eve.

I have cookies made. All the shopping was done. The house was decorated and quite pretty.

Then Mokey got sick.

5 hours in the Animal ER on Christmas Eve, with an estimate that made me nauseous. Mokey was cathed and unblocked, but had to stay 2 more days for observation.

Yeah...so much for getting rid of debt in the new year. Boo to the hiss.

He's now on a special diet, and I'm trying to wean my other kitties away from eating in a grazing manner.

This is not making them happy at all.

The bill is not making me happy.

No matter how hard I work to make a holiday nice, things always get fucked up.

4 comments:

Cloudia said...

Aw! Hope he's better and you have a windfall for the new year.

Diane said...

UTI and blockage? I'm so sorry and I feel your pain. I just had an $1100 week. My oldest girl, Wenchie, was peeing blood then had a nasty infection which we had to keep switching out antibiotics. We thought we would lose her but she's fully recovered. The cost of veterinary care is insane.

Mike said...

The main hazard of multiple pets is vet costs.

rashbre said...

Hoping things are, by now, taking a turn for the better. Happy New Year.