Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Routines are Bad

I am a creature of habit.

Back in my 20s and even my early 30s I'd be able to get home from work, decide I wanted to go somewhere and go. I wouldn't feel like my day was screwed up if I did.

I'm going to be 43 on Saturday, if I go to the grocery store after 6 o'clock, I feel like my life is being shook up.

I don't know why this has happened to me, but I don't like it, and I don't know how to change it. I like things done at a certain time and when they aren't I get frustrated.

This weekend is community days in our town and there's a small concert downtown on Friday night. Donnie Iris, a kinda local one hit wonder from the 80s is playing. I mentioned that I wouldn't mind going down. (This is about 6 blocks down the hill) and then it was decided that I'd go with my sister, and yet something is not sitting right with me, going somewhere and doing something, that is likely going to be fun.

WTF is wrong with me?

Have I had to worry about too many other people that when I have a chance to do something now I feel guilty about doing it and therefore don't want to? Am I becoming that anti-social?


ARGH!

I need to break out of my boring routine that is turning me into a lump


2 comments:

rashbre said...

Yes. Great to get out there and mix things up a bit!

Mike said...

Donnie Iris and "Ah! Leah!". I remember it well. His cover of "Play That Funky Music" also. You need to go.