Saturday, March 26, 2016

Let's Talk About Body Shaming

I'm a fat girl. I wasn't always though. In my twenties I wore a size 2. Yup, you read that right, a 2.

Then something happened.

My grandmother died.

Then my dad got sick.

My life totally changed and with all the changes, my body changed too, and not in a good way.

I'm sick of people being nasty to fat chicks. I have to say, I admire the girls that can wear their bikinis and be comfortable in their own skins, because I am not.

If you are a fat chick like me, most of the time, you feel bad about your body. And you try hard to change.

I still make it to the gym, but with my responsibilities it isn't easy to get there with any regularity and it makes me feel bad.

It makes me feel bad that I can't wear the clothes that I want to wear.

I don't need anyone shaming my body anymore than I do myself.

I hate self righteous people that think that because I'm fat means I'm lazy. For the last 7 years I've been a caregiver for my parents, doing all the shopping, laundry etc that goes along with that. You can't be lazy and do that.

But do you know what?

You can be depressed.

So before you shame someone that is overweight, especially if they are lucky enough to feel comfortable with themselves then shut your pie hole, because you don't know their life situation.

The same goes for those girl's that you want to buy a cheeseburger.

0 comments: