Monday, August 10, 2020

With The Happy There Comes The Sad

I'm really down in the dumps. Trips away usually do that to me. I don't know why. Whenever I was a little girl and we'd go on family vacations to Erie or Lancaster, I'd spend a lot of the drive home crying, even though by the time I was about an hour from home, I was anxious to get there and back to the familiar.

That's how I feel right now.

I went to my brother's Friday and Saturday. I haven't done an overnight anywhere in over 10 years. It was a lovely night. I played with his cats. I watched bad tv. We ate good food, and I saw Gorge Metro Park in Akron and we went to a gorgeous winery that isn't too far from his home.




If you are ever in Canton, OH, make a point to visit the Gervasi Winery, it is worth it. The food is superb on the Piazza and if its slushie season, get a Fromanza! It will leave you with the warm fuzzies.






But now I'm home and I have that feeling of dissatisfaction again. I want things I can't have. I feel bad about myself because I saw pictures of myself and I'm old, fat and ugly. The feeling fat and ugly started at the winery because everyone was there in their pretty sundresses and I haven't had any pretty clothes in years. I miss pretty clothes and places to wear them.

I miss the calm I had before my mother passed. I'm more anxious now than I ever was, because everything is bottled up now. I have no one to talk me down when the anxiety hits hard. There is no one that understands anymore.

I have a waiting for the other shoe to drop mentality that won't go away, even when things aren't going wrong.

Some days are better than others.

I just wish I could learn to calm down.

2 comments:

Mike said...

"I just wish I could learn to calm down."
There will be people that will tell you to 'just do it'. Don't you wish it was that easy?

Diane said...

I'm sorry, Andrea. Life, especially right now, is so difficult. I wish I had words of wisdom that would make you feel better.