Friday, February 14, 2020

Budget Dinners

My mama would be proud of me I think, when it comes to my dinner ideas these days.

I'm usually cooking for 3 people (don't ask why, my life is complicated...but none of my issues involve romantic entanglements..just family)

I have found several ways to make dinners that are super cheap

Sausage Alfredo

1 lb sausage roll usually $2.00
1 lb rigatoni $1.00 tops
1 jar of Alfredo Sauce $2.50
I also add cajun seasoning to my sauce..but that's pennies really

So this is a dinner for under $6.00 which usually gives me a few days of lunches for either myself or my nephew. Best recipe my cousin ever shared.

Chili Mac

Depending on how much I'm making

1- 2 packages of Mac and Cheese  $1.00 sorry Kraft..I buy Dollar General or Aldi mac
2 cans of chili with beans  $3.00
1 extra can of kidney beans drained

Prepare the mac just as directed...so you need butter and milk
add the chili and extra beans. If you want to do a veggie, some corn works great too

Another dinner in the $6.00 range

Chili Cornbread
1 pack of Jiffy cornbread mix
1 can hormel chili
Cheese


Another great thing if you make a roast, especially a pork roast are fritattas. Love those and you can add so much to them

Tonight's dinner is going to be another cheap one

Saucy Mozzarella Sandwiches

Hoagie rolls
1 package of mozzarella cheese
Pasta Sauce
and probably some pepperoni

I found this recipe in an old Ragu cookbook. 

See even at 45..a girl can learn new stuff

0 comments: