Friday, October 18, 2019

So The Wedding Is Tomorrow

My nephew is getting hitched tomorrow.

Can I just say I want it to be over.

In my 45 years...I've managed to avoid weddings at all costs. In fact the 4 weddings I did attend all happened before I graduated high school. My brother's 1st wedding when I was 2 months old, my sister's friends wedding, my sister's wedding and a wedding of a cousin. That's it. I've avoided all others.

I hate them.

I think they are a colossal waste of money and time.

My household is in an uproar and I just want to de-stress and get back to semi-normal. Also I just want 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

3 comments:

Mike said...

"...a colossal waste of money and time..."
Agree.

Diane said...

Absolutely agree! When I got married, we decided to combine the honeymoon with the wedding and got married in Hawaii - quiet, with just best man and maid of honor (husband's twin brother and his then girlfriend, later wife). My in-laws were outraged that we refused the whole ridiculous spectacle. Absolutely no regrets. Marriage isn't about the "party"!

Mildred Ratched said...

You can always "get sick" and not attend....just saying