Thursday, December 06, 2018

Recapping 2018

This year is full of suck.

I'm trying to look back at good things that happened this year, but when your mom dies in Oct that kind of washes away any nice things that occurred in the months prior.

Still I want to remember some good things.

1. Watching Ed Sullivan reruns with mom and discovering a new love for classic pop, like Petula Clark, who I saw in concert about 10 days after her passing.

2. Discovering new music on Pandora and I 💗 Radio . I fell in love with more Celtic bands like The High Kings and Port Isaac's Fisherman's Friends. I have to admit that right now I can't listen to them much because they make me sad.

3. Critter Country Animal Park is always high on my list of favorite places to visit and I did get there once this summer, before mom got too sick.


4. Kennywood's Holiday Lights made me very happy this past weekend


5. I loved playing with my nephew's sweet little dog Zoey at his holiday party

6. Getting my new Nook!


7. Birthday dinner at Eat N' Park, though now I wish I could have spent the whole day with my mom.

I can't think of much more that would be good highlights. I've had some nasty crap happen..from the bathroom wall issues...roof issues...Mokey issues that actually started on Christmas Eve 2017.  Like all years, there's good and bad. I still say this year was more bad than good.

1 comments:

Diane said...

Unfortunately, we have to take the good with the bad. Someone asked me what made me really happy this past year and I actually had to think really hard about it. We've had our share of loss this year, although not parents (long passed) but I realized that I don't focus on the good things in my life and that I needed more gratitude.

At some point, you will begin feeling better. It's too soon and no one expects you to be cheery and happy just yet. Allow yourself to grieve, however long that may be. Just know you aren't alone.