Monday, January 22, 2018

Aw Paddington

I finally got around to watching the first Paddington movie last night. I don't know what made me stop at the Redbox and grab that movie...ok..I do..Peter Capaldi was in it.

Either way the movie was super cute.

Hugh Bonneville is just great as a normal dad...and the hippie biker scene...OMG so funny. Its hard to see him in rolls other than Lord Grantham though.

Nicole Kidman pulls off evil pretty well too.

Then there's Peter Capaldi's Mr. Curry.  Aw.....especially when he falls for Millicent. I saw a lot of the 12th Doctor in Mr. Curry. A bit of a curmudgeon, a little silly, a little geeky, but oddly lovable.

The animated Paddington was superb. He looked almost real. Well, if real bears wore hats and coats.

I liked that for the most part the movie was light hearted. I'm not a fan of too much drama in family films like this.

There's always a sad bit, but it wasn't too traumatizing. (You know, like UP!)

This was just a good movie for anyone to watch..and now I want to see the sequel.


1 comments:

rashbre said...

We actually tried to see the sequel on main release right in Leicester Square, but they cancelled the showing! I'll have to wait for it on streaming now.