Saturday, July 22, 2017

Cupcakes and Coffee Oh My

My favorite place in the whole world...ok, maybe not the whole world, because I still long for some places in Atlantic City and Sugarcreek, OH, but as far as the Mon Valley is concerned, Perked Up Cafe is my favorite place to be.

First of all, all the employees are so nice and the owner is super sweet. That makes the shop so welcoming and wonderful.

The decor of the shop is adorable. A fabulous vintage look that's so cozy. It makes you think of a shop that would be featured in a cozy mystery series.

Secondly, everything on the menu that I've tried so far is delicious.

Soup?  Yum! Broccoli cheese is to die for and there was a mushroom orzo that was perfect too.

Candied bacon? YUM YUM YUM! (Candied bacon, is seriously one of natures most perfect foods)

Breakfast sandwiches? OMG YUM! It is so nice to see breakfast sandwiches that don't involve English muffins, and I really have no issues with muffins, but they are boring.



But let's talk about the cupcake. Cos Perked Up as the best pastries, I've found in a coffee shop.

The chocolate espresso cupcake is a coffee lovers dream. Its a little poke cupcake, because that icing that is a touch of coffee heaven, goes deep into the cupcake. There's also a pumpkin cupcake that will delight fans of the fall flavor.

Oh, I forgot, this is a coffee shop, so how is the coffee?

Kiss Starbucks goodbye. You won't need it anymore.  I have a drink that I adore, the Pretty In Pink. Its and iced raspberry white chocolate latte with a shot of espresso, topped with whipped cream and white chocolate and a raspberry drizzle.

So if you are looking to limit your sugar, well..I feel sorry for you, because this is a fabulous drink.

If you aren't a fan of sweet drinks, don't worry, there's plenty for those of you that just need a cup of Joe.

This is truly one of the best things to happen to Charleroi, in ages.



2 comments:

Mike said...

Croissants with stuff in them. I'll have 12 please.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A coffee house is a true place of joy - a haven from the worries of the world! The croissant looks delicious!