Friday, November 01, 2019

Roaster Oven Woes

So I've been debating how I am going to cook the Thanksgiving turkey. My old roaster pan rack died and, well, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do; buy a new one or use my roaster oven.

I haven't used the roaster oven in awhile. This little oven is so old, it doesn't even have a rack. Yeah.

So to see how the thing worked, I went out and bought a nice 4.91 lb chicken. From everything I read, this would take about an hour and a half to 2 hours tops. One video said even less.

Can I just say NOPE!

I had that bird in the oven around 6:20 pm last night. We didn't finally eat the damn thing until well after 9 o'clock.

I think my lid must be bad.

My choices then. $29.99 for a Circulon roasting pan or the same price for a Oster roasting oven.

I opted for the pan, because I will probably start buying whole chickens, as the little SOB that refused to cook last night was fabulous.

Just an FYI

If you want a moist and beautiful chicken

Salt, Pepper, Butter and Paprika are really all you need. Lots and lots of butter.

I patted down my bird

Than took half a stick of butter, and gave that bird a butter bath..stuck some butter being the wings and legs and the remainder inside the cavity

I used Nature's Seasoning and Paprika and a little bit of Kosher Salt on the bird

The chicken wasn't a fail, as it was delicious but the roaster oven got a big ole F in my book.


0 comments: