Monday, April 01, 2019

Happier News

Back to the joys of budgeting.

1. Aldi dog food = $20 savings over the pedigree and cesar wet food Scratty eats. The cats also love the salmon wet food too which is 35 cents over the 55 to 65 cents for friskies.

2. The water bill went down 10 bucks! Woo hoo!

3. I'm learning the joys of dicing potatoes. A bag of o'brien potatoes costs $1.65 frozen at Aldi, but a 10 lb bag of potatoes is $3.49. 4 large potatoes diced makes a lot of o'brien potatoes for a side dish or for fritattas!

4. I've learned I only go shopping on a day where I've worked in Belle Vernon, thus saving money on gas. (At least when possible)

5. I am transitioning the cats back from 4health grain free to the regular 4health food. Its a dollar savings per bag, but each bag also has 2 lbs more food.

6. I'm still having issues with food for my damn lunches. I keep my nephew fed, but when it comes to me, if we don't have leftovers, I'm useless at figuring things out, especially if I'm working both jobs. I'm also trying to cut down on the trips to the fast food restaurants because I'm trying to cut back on my spending there. On a plus I think I'm losing weight, so there is that. Except I can't afford new clothes.


1 comments:

Diane said...

Holy cow - you are organized!