Monday, October 31, 2011

Mmmm Soup

I found this recipe in an old foodie mag of my mum's and I'm dying to try it. All I need is a jar of salsa and some hungry people.

Refried Bean Soup


1 Can Refried Beans (16 ounces)

1 can whole kernel corn (15 ounces), drained

1 can (15 ounces) black beans rinsed and drained

1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth

1 can (14 1/2 oz) stewed tomatoes

1 can (4 oz) green chilis

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup salsa



In a large saucepan combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield 8 servings (2 quarts)


From Sept/Oct 2007 Simple & Delicious Magazine

1 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Not something I could eat because of the chillis and salsa, but it does sound delicious :)