Monday, October 24, 2011

Sometimes

Sometimes people come into your life for a reason.

I'm sure many of you know that our former pastor was put on administrative leave because of some rather unsavory allegations. I considered this man a friend, and I still do.

When that happened I lost a good deal of my faith. I went to church only when I was scheduled to be a lector. There were times when I wanted to give that up. I've been a lector in our parish since I was confirmed ages ago...I'd say I've been a lector for 20 years.

Then my dad got sick in December ...and in February we had a new pastor assigned to our church. I can say truthfully that if it weren't for Father Jerry, I wouldn't be Catholic.

In him, I've found a pastor that is also a good friend, who listens to me, and who has really been wonderful when my dad has been in the hospital.

I don't know why he was chosen for our parish, but I'm very glad he is here.

0 comments: