Monday, October 10, 2011

Manic Monday

Well I worked a whopping 2 hours today. At 9:30 the call came that my dad's bloodwork had been received at his doctor's office and his count was down to 8.7.

Transfusion time.

By 10, I knew I had to be on my way home so I could get him to the hospital.  It is much better to transfuse when the low blood count isn't giving him problems with his COPD.

So off we went.

It was actually a pretty easy stress free procedure, and dad got lunch while he was there.

I played Sudoko on my Nook and read for a bit.

I could think of worse ways to spend the afternoon. (You know, like being at work....or being in the ER)

Oh and I told my friend about Dad's transfusion...and I was told to go drinking...and was reminded that at some point...this friend was going to take me out to get drunk...Ah...my inappropriate friends...How is it that I find these people without even looking?

0 comments: