Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tuesday Meme-age

First up is Take Me Back Tuesday from

What musical event would you attend that you couldn't have otherwise.
I think I would have attended The Beatles Sept 14, 1964 performance at the then Civic Arena. I couldn't attend cos I wasn't born then, and I imagine tickets were pretty damn hard to come by. Here's a site that I found while looking for the date of this performance

If you could save one musician that died tragically, which one would it be and why?
There are many that I would like to save, but John Lennon would have to be the one I'd choose. When I think of all the music that Marc Chapman cheated the world out of, I get so angry. To paraphrase his own song....Imagine all the music. I wonder if you can. I don't know what I'd do to save him, perhaps waylay him at the studio. Or find the bastard when he got John's autograph and kick the shit of him, so he couldn't pull the trigger later that evening. What a bastard that guy is. I hope he's never paroled.

If you could go back and influence either radio/or Mtv to make one song a hit that wasn't, which one would it be and likewise, if you could make sure one song wasn't a hit, which one would it be and why?

I'm only going to go back a few years for the song that should have been a hit. Duran Duran's Reach Up For The Sunrise from Astronaut was truly worthy of the number 1 spot. Perhaps if it would have made it that high they wouldn't be lowering themselves to work with the likes of Justin Timberlake now.

The song that shouldn't be a hit. Oh lordy there are so many. The question is who do I hate the most.

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit.

I would beg and plead with Mtv never to touch these guys. I would urge them to send them back to Seattle. I would also urge them to buy shampoo and use it, as well as wearing clean clothes.

Ha! I bet you thought I was going to say Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On!

Next up is Janet's Tell It To Me Tuesday that asks: What, in your opinion, are the best satire songs?

Just to clarify, the songs need not be spoofs or remakes and/or they can be tongue in cheek or sarcastic. Really anything that has made you chuckle over the years for whatever reason, will probably suffice.


The Monkees - You're Auntie Grizelda (If you can't grin at this song, you take your music way too seriously)

Weird Al - White & Nerdy (probably one of my favorite Weird Al tunes of recent years. Any Weird Al song can make this list. I'm also partial to The Saga Begins)

Jimmy Buffett - Simply Complicated

They Might Be Giants - Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
Best song ever!!!

Fountains Of Wayne - Mexican Wine
(It's impossible not to love these guys. So much humor in their songs.)

Sorethumb - I Want To Be Your Davy Jones
(True Monkees fans can appreciate this one and Davy actually appears in the video)

0 comments: