Monday, January 15, 2007

Random 10 - Week 88

From the ladies @

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

It was a weird weird weekend, musicwise. Most of the time I was playing my January mix CD.

Tom Jones - Sex Bomb
(And why does this song always make me think of someone that it shouldn't make me think of?)

Gordon Lightfoot - A Painter Passing Through
(This is a simply gorgeous song, though all of Gordon's songs are beautiful. More of them should be played on Pickle)

Catatonia - Strange Glue
(I love the lyrics to this one)

But I don't have the right to be with you tonight
So please leave me alone with no saviour in sight
I will sleep safe and sound with nobody around me


Bitter Sweet - The Mating Game
(I need to buy this CD. In fact I should have bought it ages ago. I'm living off a CDR that will probably die soon from overuse)

Justin Hayward - Forever Autumn
(Hmmm, The Moody Blues are good time rock n' roll, but Justin's solo hit isn't. Once again, The Mistress Of The Dark is left baffled)

David Bowie - Space Oddity
(It's all Fishy's fault. Hmmm I hope he left his Bowie CD at the station. More Bowie is in order.)

The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Love Version)
(The Love version is the only one I listen to now)

The Monkees - Look Down
(I was listening to Missing Links 3 while trying to sort out the Pink Zen of Doom)

Cliff Richard - Climbing Up Mount Everest
(This is the song I'd prefer to have stuck in my head)

Caroline Lavelle - Moorlough Shore
(A gorgeous Celtic song)

And since his song was on my list...and since Pickle has been neglectful of The Moody Blues and Justin Hayward lately. A picture that I believe was scanned from one of the old fan magazines.

0 comments: