Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Gulls


For some strange reason there were hundreds of seagulls in the Walmart parking lot today. I took my dad to Denny's for dinner and when we were leaving a waitress coming in mentioned them. Needless to say, I had to run to look.

Hundreds of beautiful big white gulls, swooping and diving and nabbing stray bits of food everywhere. There were people buying bread just to feed them, it seemed.

I don't think I've ever seen that many gulls when I was on the Jersey shore.

I was crying I was so happy. I didn't think I'd get to see my birds this year, what with finances and gas prices the way they are.

I know its pretty sad to be moved by the sight of birds that most people don't even like, but I can't help it, those big scavengers are my favorite birds.

0 comments: