Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Must Get Warm Now

I will stop bitching about the cold when the temperatures are higher than my age. I will be happy when the temperatures are about as high as my mum's age.

I think my fingers are numb.

Brrrrrr.

At night when I go to bed with all my blankets I'm fine. I'm toasty warm. But when I wake up in the morning that's another story.

Two words: ice cube.

Even the dog can't keep me warm at 5:30 a.m.

The only thing that the cold does is make me get dressed a helluva lot faster. There's no way in hell I'm taking my time putting on clothes. The least amount of time spent nekkid, the better.

Going outside is even worse. I have gloves...they don't work. My fingers are nearly frozen when I get to work. I wish I could find my furry black hat, but it's disappeared. This is the only drawback I've encountered to having short hair. When it's -19 outside it's hard on the ears. Thank god for the Nanuck of the North uglier than sin coat I have, that luckily has a hood.

Oh and have I mentioned the heater in my car is pretty much non-existent? I'm not even allowed to mention it at home anymore. It's one of the few things I'm not going to fix on the car from hell either, because I'm hoping that at some point this year another rustbucket takes Bernie's place. Yeah right.

Now could someone pass a blanket please, I'm frozen.

0 comments: