Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's Wednesday....

And as I said yesterday, I've given up hunks for lent. (except for PH, cos well...he's special, but don't tell him that. He might get a swelled head)

I won't give up listening to the hunks though, because some wonderful friend of mine emailed me both brand new Justin Hayward tracks that came from a very expensive Soundtrack that's out in Europe.

The first song is called Celtic Heart. It's sappy Justin at his best. I think I've played it about 20 times already. I can't help it. It's gorgeous. The other song, Earth & Sky is just as beautiful.

These are the kinds of things that bring me intense joy.

And while I'm on the subject of joy, huge huggles to my Chicago mum. (who I hope gets her Cheer up CD soon) Bath and Body Works gift cards are one of my favorite things. They also give me an excuse to go to the mall. Yay!

The one thing that doesn't bring me joy about today...it's Ash Wednesday...and being that good little catholic girl..I have to fast and abstain.

That means that every fast food place will play commericals advertising big ole hamburgers today to taunt me. (Even if I had no intention of eating the hamburger) Maybe this will be a good thing though, maybe I'll lose those last 5 lbs.

Oh and now in more sad news...yesterday at about 7:30 we get a call from my brother. His first wife's sister, who is only 50, had an aneurysm and was in a coma. As of this morning, she's off life support and it's just a matter of time.

I didn't know her well, but I'm just so shaken by it. Plus I have no idea how I can offer any comfort to my brother's first wife, who is my godmother, though I think she forgets that now.

That's the one thing about divorce that bugs me. How do you shut off love for the other people and just close the door?

~sigh~

I guess I'll never understand that.

0 comments: