Sunday, November 19, 2006

Random 10 - Week 81

Another music meme by the ladies @


10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

The home playlist has been all about Gordon Lightfoot. I discovered the beauty of his voice through WPKL. Damn that Pickle radio. It's giving me more obsessions, besides the cute little DJ, I know as Fish.

Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
(would someone please get that song out of my head)

Gordon Lightfoot - Song For A Winter's Night
(yes, it's his song, not Sarah McLachlan's, but like the nice Canadian he is, he shared it with her)

Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind

I need to get a few of his albums now. I'm really loving his voice.

The Moody Blues - Don't Need A Reindeer
Cliff Richard - Mistletoe and Wine
The Moody Blues - Happy Xmas
Elvis Costello w/the Cheiftains - St. Stephen's Day Murders

Big sis made a Christmas mix to listen to on the way to Wheeling today. These were some of the non-snarky Christmas tunes, ok maybe the EC tune is a bit snarky.

Elvis Costello - Mouth Almighty
Elvis Costello - B-Movie

These were just 2 of the EC songs I played on my winamp.

And the picture? I was going to post a picture of my suspension bridge, but I think Gordon Lightfoot deservest the place of honor this week. Since he's been living in my head all weekend.

0 comments: