Saturday, November 18, 2006

Must Stop Watching Xanadu

Our cable company's On Demand feature has had Xanadu as one of the freebies that you can watch over and over until you turn blue in the face. I wish I wasn't trying to be one of those people that turn blue and pass out and watch it some more.

I don't know what it is about this movie, but from the time I was little, I always liked it. It's probably the music. When I was little I wanted to be Olivia Newton-John. Some girls wanted to be Cyndi Lauper or Madonna, I wanted to be Olivia.

It would be pretty damn hard for me considering she's a little blue eyed blonde and I'm a little brown eyed brunette.

::sigh::

Xanadu was also one of Gene Kelly's last films. I guess it's sad that such a cheesy film should be in such a great reperitoire but he's part of the charm of the movie. I have to say, Gene was a sexy old man too.

Now if only I could stop watching the darn movie and finish cleaning the upstairs. Life would be so good.

Cheesy move? Cleaning?

You can only guess which one wins out.

0 comments: