Thursday, March 19, 2020

Buying All The Books

OK, so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be quarantined any time soon, but in case I need entertainment, (And for some reason my antenna is screwing up so I never know what I can watch that isn't streaming) I'm grabbing some freebies on Amazon.   Also, libraries are closed for 2 weeks too.

Part of me is envious of people that can work at home for 2 weeks, because my life is one roller coaster ride after another.

I've set a goal for this time when things are slowing down a bit.

I'm trying to tackle the backlog of books in my house.

I need to donate them after I finish, because somehow, I need to get flooring in my house this summer. (And yes, the books are piling up on the floor)

I've been in a real reading slump lately. If a book doesn't quickly pull me in, it takes me forever to read it.

However this week, I've read two that fall into the Women's fiction category that really pulled me in, so I'm happy.

I set a goal of 90 books for this year, which is much lower goal than I've ever had, but I have so much going on that I didn't want to fail again this year.

So what books are getting your attention this year?

2 comments:

Mike said...

You're donating 90 books? You've almost made enough room for the 100 books I'm going to send you from my pile!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Right now, I try to donate most of the books I get for review, unless I absolutely love them, because I need to get flooring done..and well..guess where a lot of those books are living? This is one of the reasons why I love my ereaders. Those books don't take up space.