Friday, February 26, 2010

Top 5 On Friday


Top 5 songs that are mellow


You guys know the drill. Play along in the comments or in your journal. This meme is created for my site Music Memoirs. Feel free to go there and check out my other weekly memes and play along.

1. Olivia Newton John - Have You Never Been Mellow: I don't think that there is any song more mellow then this one. I'm trying to figure out how they worked it into the Xanadu musical, but since I don't have any money and the weather's crap this week, I guess I'll never know.

2. Grey Eye Glances - Snow: I love this band and this is one of their prettiest songs the other is Angel, both would fit perfectly in this category. Sadly I can't find a You Tube link for either song, so you will have to take my word for it.

3. George Harrison - Blow Away: This is such a beautiful Harrison song and one I've loved since I was a little girl. I also love how all of George's videos are so darn quirky!

4. The Moody Blues - Words You Say: If this song got any more mellow the whole band with the exception of Lodgey would fall asleep while performing it. Justin usually does! Regardless of what other fans say, this odd song is really beautiful and soothing. Sometimes its hard to figure out John's songs and he's certainly not telling us what this one is about.

5.Erasure - Tenderest Moments: This was the b-side to Run To The Sun and one of Erasure's most beautiful songs EVER! I was really surprised the live version I linked to would be just as pretty as the electronic version, but then again, Andy Bell has a stunning voice, so why wouldn't it be.

0 comments: