Saturday, March 18, 2006

I Used My CD Player!

It's funny. I have a decent Aiwa stereo system that I've had for years, but since I bought a computer 6 years ago, I've used it less and less.

When I buy a CD, I usually rip the tracks to my harddrive and put the CD aside. But the other day I got some CDs in the mail from my friend Callie and I had to listen to them, nd since they are bootlegs, I didn't want to spend hours retagging the tracks, because that can be annoying with the CDDB screws up.

So my CD player is actually turned on, and Elvis Costello is actually coming through the speakers.

Wow!

It's probably not a good thing that I let the computer completely dictate my listening habits. I have so much music and not even half of it is on my computer. Hell, some of my stuff is still on vinyl, like my Herman's Hermit's stuff. (Though I do have quite a few mp3s)

Perhaps its time to step away from the computer for a bit.

Nah.

But I do think it's time to stop using my winamp for all my music needs.

0 comments: