Saturday, March 18, 2006

Fried Pickles Are Yummy

I went to Primanti's for a corned beef and cheese sandwich, as my delayed St Patrick's Day feast and my sister and I ordered the fried veggie platter to go along with it.

The fried veggie platter is yummy, yummy, yummy. It had fried zucchini, mushrooms (which I let big sis eat, cos I'm not much on fungi), onion rings, french fries and fried pickles.

Now the concept of a fried pickle is not quite appetizing but I have to say, the finished product is really great. Somehow the dill pickles manage to stay cool and crunchy after they've been deep fried, and oh are they good.

I shouldn't have doubted the tastyness of this treat because I did sample fried oreos and fried twinkies at Idlewild last year and those were to die for.

So if you're ever anywhere where they serve fried pickles, I suggest you try them. (Assuming, that you like pickles.)

0 comments: