Sunday, November 07, 2004

No Really I Can't Live Without It!

This is something I find myself thinking about a lot, especially when shopping or cleaning, and since I have no cash, I'm starting to ponder cleaning.

Not so much the dusting and sweeper running kind of cleaning, but the pitching the clutter type of cleaning that I find myself doing before all major holidays.

Oh how I hate that!

I'm a pack rat. I fully admit to that. I have calenders from the 80's still in my closets.

Why?

They are Beatles calenders! How could I get rid of those? How can I put aside my beautiful Moody Blues Calender at the end of this year? I can't live without it! Plus the pictures are just so pretty. So many Lodgey looks and goofy Haywardian grins. How can you expect me to junk that? I can't!

It works the same for clothes to. I highly doubt this body is ever going to shrink enougth to fit into some of the old clothes I have in my closet, but I can't seem to part with them.

I'm a fool, I know.

Then there are cassette tapes. I barely turn my stereo on anymore. I live by the music that comes from my computer. I play my CDs in the car, yet I still have so many of these things laying around my house. Does anyone play tapes anymore? Most of them I've already re-purchased on CD. Do I really need all this clutter? Am I ever going to put batteries in my old walkman and go walking with the tape player instead of the CD player? Probably not. So why can't I get rid of the damn stuff?

I can't live without it.

To toss any of the tapes into the circular file would be like tossing a part of my life into the trash, and I can't do that. At least that's how it feels. I know I should do it. I don't need this stuff and I doubt anyone would really want to buy it for any amount of money that would make a difference to my life. So why not junk it all?

I can't live without it!!

At least I have reached a point where I don't buy every magazine just because it has a picture of a favorite celebrity in it. (Though I did by the Vanity Fair with Johnny Depp on the cover..cos Elvis Costello was in it too..that's good rationalization isn't it?)

I just really wish I could convince myself that life will go on without these things.

I know there are some things that I truly can't live without. Things besides food, water and air. (Oh and Family..mustn't forget them)

You know..stuff like

1. Music (Just not in cassette form)
2. Books (I must always have a supply of good reading material handy)
3. My computer (Sometimes I feel it's my only key to communicating with the outside world)
4. My car (You know when I actually get to go into the outside world)
5. My friends...some of which are listed on the side here...like MoodyMistress and Cheryl and the others that don't have blogs or blog at Wenches..but nowhere else.
6. My other online friends, who keep me entertained with their lives via blogs.

Hello, I'm The Music Whore, and I'm a stuff-a-holic.

0 comments: