Monday, November 08, 2004

Another weekend's come and gone

Where do the days go? You would think that when you have next to nothing to do 48 hours would absolutely drag by.

Nope!

I did get a few things done around the house. Which is a plus. And if I can keep up over the next few weeks things might look decent by the holidays.

Dear Lord, I have to clear a space again for the "Charlie Brown" type artificial tree that I put up in the room with my computer.

Scared

I think I'll just not think about that right now. At least not for a few more weeks.

I parted with 2 bags of clothes. And still it didn't clear as much room as I thought it would. How is it that when you try to organize clothes you can have a huge pile that came out of one place, you can shrink the pile, but when you go to put it back into it's place, nope, it won't fit?

I don't understand it?

Is it a strange law of physics that I missed because I'm not scientifically inclined?

This is one of the reasons that I don't like cleaning, or to use a better word, dejunking. I don't ever feel like I've really accomplished something.

I throw one pile out and I still end up with a pile that doesn't fit!

Grrr

On a more pleasant note, I did see Alfie this weekend. I don't think it would have been something that I would have gone to see if Jude Law hadn't been in it. The plot of the film seems to be how Alfie can successfully chat up as many women as possible without committing. (of course by the end he wants to commit, but he's screwed up royally so many times that it's almost impossible)

Anywho, if you like Jude Law, you won't want to miss it. He looks pretty darn lovely in this movie and oddly it is entertaining.

Oh...and this morning I get an email from the Jamie Cullum mailing list. I love Jamie's voice, btw, but that's neither here or there. Seems he's releasing the song Everlasting Love from the new Bridget Jones movie. (Note I hate Bridget Jones and I hate Renee Zellweger even more) But that's not the point, the point is, the song isn't on the original release of Twentysomething. It's on a re-released version that has 4 bonus tracks. (and is likely UK only) Which, of course, means I'll either have to buy the soundtrack or spend loads of money on an import cd (that I already have most of) or cd single.

Grrrr.

And how was your weekend? As you can see, mine was just so very exciting.

0 comments: