Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Trying To Get It Together

I have a book problem..and I'm trying to get some of that situated.

I've always had a hard time parting with books, but my house is tiny and they are taking over the world.

Its time for a purge.

I hate purging, but I know it will be for the best. Maybe not for me, but for my house

I had planned on going through my books last night. I was trying to find the books I read (and will likely not read again) and get them ready for the library book sale or goodwill or somewhere other than my bedroom floor.

I couldn't find the first book I knew I had read..and my motivation was gone. I couldn't do it.

I sat on the floor and played with my cat.

The worst part, is I am having a horrible time reading lately. I've been trying to avoid new book tours because my attention span is similar to that of a fruit fly.

I feel like since my dad got sick, my reading went downhill...and then with the move to the new house..and that was in 2015...it got even worse. Its like I don't have a comfort spot to read. I always thought my room would be my fabulous book nook in this house..and I told my mom that, and I think that its the universe's way of punishing me for wanting a spot to myself that I can't read now that I have it.

It also needs said, that I would rather have my mama then my reading spot, but that's obvious to most who know me.

How the heck do you get out of a slump this big?

1 comments:

Mike said...

You need to construct a new reading spot. Like an alcove by a window.