Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday Morning You Don't Feel Fine

Somehow it's not fair that I only get one good day of sleep out of the weekend before the 5:30 bug returns. I wish I had never got the job a few years back that had my start time at 7:30. That was the start of the 5:30 a.m. bug that just won't go away.

I don't have to be at work until 8 and I only live about 7-10 minutes from my job, so it's not as if I have a long commute or even one that requires me to get out on the highway or in any congested areas. I just pop into my car and go.

Lord knows I could sleep until 6 or 6:30 if I were a normal human being, but the operative word there is "normal," which we all know that I am not. So instead of getting 7 hours of sleep, I get about 6. I'm still having issues getting to bed before 11. I used to be so good at crawling into bed by 10:30, I don't know what happened to me. It's not as if I have anything pressing to do.

So crawling out of bed is getting to be a chore, especially as the temperatures have dropped to near freezing. I'd much rather be huddled under my nice warm "new" comforter, with a dog and/or cat at my feet, keeping me warm for a few more hours. Alas that's not to be.

Maybe tonight I'll wise up and crawl into bed before the 11 o'clock news.

Maybe.

0 comments: