Thursday, August 23, 2007

Well, It's Happened

Mom's pacemaker battery has hit the point where she has to go in for a replacement. However this time she's getting "The Cadillac" of all pacemakers, as her doctor put it yesterday. This time she gets one with a built in defibrillator.

The surgery's been scheduled for Sept 10, which would have been the Monday that I was in Atlantic City, except we aren't going to Atlantic City.

~sigh~

That should be the perfect end to a summer from hell. I only hope it makes things easier for her. Since her last heart attack and medication change, she's not been able to get out as much. The medications working together help her heart but they give her chronic gout.

I guess it's good that its finally happened because we've been waiting on this for over a year now.

I wonder if I'll be able to use my vacation days for myself next year, or if they will all go to hospital stays again.

~bigger sigh~

0 comments: