Friday, December 22, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 103

From those ladies @

Top 5 musical things you are looking forward to in the new year

1. Duran Duran are supposed to have their new album out next year. I laugh when I say this, because this album was supposed to be out this past summer. I'm not sure how well I'll like the album, since they worked with Justin Timberlake and that thought alone makes me want to wretch up my breakfast, but I'm willing to give it a listen.

2. Gordon Lightfoot touring. I missed him the last time he was in the Pittsburgh area. I hope he comes within driving distance soon, especially since his health isn't very good.

3. Snagging a sexy little Fish and bringing him home to the fishbowl in my room. (Ok, so I still believe the Dream Big and Dream Often motto sometimes)

4. A new album by Erasure. My Christmas present actually showed up! Yay! But the boys are in the US working on a new album and I'm hoping it gets released by summer of 07.

5. Paul McCartney touring. I haven't seen the man since the early 90's when he played the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. I just want to see him one more time and I'll be content. I don't even care where my seats would be.

and/or

Top 5 albums of 2006

Diana Krall - From This Moment On



This was one of my favorite albums of the year.

Erasure - Union Street



The redone songs on this one are totally beautiful. It's not a live album, its an acoustic album and its spectacular.

Elvis Costello - My Flame Burns Blue




I love this live album and since I couldn't in good conscience put The River In Reverse on my list as I never listen to it, this would have to be the album of my choosing.

The Beatles - Love



The reworkings by George and Giles Martin are incredible. It's a fresh look at The Beatles and it really makes me long to see the show in Vegas.

Sarah McLachlan - Wintersong



One of the most beautiful Christmas albums. It's worth listening to even when the season is long gone

0 comments: